Four vie for three seats on school board Two run unchallened for city council

By MULESKINNER STAFF

(WARRENSBURG, Mo., digitalBURG) — It’s election season in Warrensburg again, as citizens get ready to welcome new city council and school board members.

The general municipal elections are scheduled for Tuesday, April 4, with the polls open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Registered voters should bring a photo I.D. or their voter I.D. card to their designated polling place if wanting to cast their vote.

Two seats on the Warrensburg City Council are up for grabs. Incumbent Robin Allen and newcomer Casey Lund are the only two running. City Council terms last three years.

The Warrensburg R-VI School Board has three open seats, with four candidates. Incumbents Gary Grigsby and Adam Horn are seeking another term on the board while Justin Johnson and Scott Chenault try to take a seat for the first time.

Warrensburg also has two bond issues on the ballot. The first seeks the approval of $2,050,000 for the purchase of fire vehicles and equipment and the second asks voters to approve the authorization of $3,500,000 to be used for road improvements and traffic signal upgrades.

To locate your polling place of record, visit https://s1.sos.mo.gov/elections/voterlookup/.

Warrensburg R-VI School Board

candidates:

Gary Grigsby – Incumbent

Adam Horn – Incumbent

Justin Johnson

Scott Chenault

Warrensburg City Council candidates:

Robin Allen – Incumbent

Casey Lund

Warrensburg bond issues:

Question 1: Shall the City Council of the City of Warrensburg, Missouri be authorized to issue its general obligation bonds in the amount not to exceed $2,050,000 to acquire, improve, install and equip fire vehicles and equipment to serve the City, including without limitation, the acquisition of a ladder fire truck and a pumper fire truck and other fire related equipment?

Question 2: Shall the City Council of the City of Warrensburg, Missouri be authorized to issue its general obligation bonds in the amount not to exceed $3,500,000 to acquire rights of way, and construct, extend and improve streets and roads in the City, including but not limited to funding (a) traffic signal upgrades, and (b) the Veteran’s Road extensions?