UCM recognizes Veterans Day

Veterans who attended the free breakfast at Ellis Dining Center were welcomed to sign a special piece of banner.

By MULESKINNER STAFF
(WARRENSBURG, Mo., digitalBURG) — The University of Central Missouri’s Office of Military and Veteran Services worked with local veterans organizations to observe Veterans Day on Wednesday in the Warrensburg community.
Breakfast at Ellis was free for students, faculty and staff who have served in the military.

Around 40 veterans attended the free breakfast Wednesday morning for part of the university's appreciation for its military veterans.
PHOTOS BY BRANDON BOWMAN / PHOTO EDITOR Around 40 veterans attended the free breakfast Wednesday morning for part of the university’s appreciation for its military veterans.

PHOTOS BY BRANDON BOWMAN / PHOTO EDITOR
Provost-Chief Learning Officer Deborah Curtis gave a special thank you remark for all veterans on behalf of President Chuck Ambrose Wednesday morning in the Ellis Dining Center.

Brigadier General Paul W. Tibbets IV attended the veterans breakfast and went around the dining hall, thanking every individual veteran for their service.
Brig. Gen. Arnold Gordon-Bray attended the veterans breakfast and went around the dining hall, thanking every individual veteran for their service.

This photo story has been updated to correctly identify Brig. Gen. Arnold Gordon-Bray.