BlackBox offers one-act plays

From left, Nicholas Pogue as Peno, Carter Higgs as Engo and Max Docktor as Den, confront each other Friday night in the Black Box Theatre in Nickerson Hall, as part of the Studio Theatre One-Act “The Birth of Theater.”
Photo by 182032000483

Photos by ANDREA LOPEZ
Features Editor

From left, Nicholas Pogue as Peno, Carter Higgs as Engo and Max Docktor as Den, confront each other Friday night in the BlackBox Theatre in Nickerson Hall, as part of the Studio Theatre One-Act “The Birth of Theater.”

From left, Sarah Bronson as young woman and Caleb Gazaway as young man, stand far from each other Friday night in the Black Box Theatre, wondering where their first date is going to lead them as part of the “Coax” play for the Studio One-Act series.
From left, Sarah Bronson as young woman and Caleb Gazaway as young man, stand far from each other Friday night in the BlackBox Theatre, wondering where their first date is going to lead them as part of the “Coax” play for the Studio One-Act series.

From left, Caitlin Hahn as Devon, Ahafia Jurkiewicz-Miles as Ben and Michelle Boyer as Lara, portray three teenagers playing with a Ouija board in an abandoned storage room Friday night in the Black Box Theatre as part of the Studio One-Act play “Dead Boy.” 
From left, Caitlin Hahn as Devon, Ahafia Jurkiewicz-Miles as Ben and Michelle Boyer as Lara, portray three teenagers playing with a Ouija board in an abandoned storage room Friday night in the BlackBox Theatre as part of the Studio One-Act play “Dead Boy.”