Police seek identity of man who approached girls

Warrensburg Middle School surveillance cameras caught footage of a suspicious individual Sunday.

By STEVEN SPEARS
News Editor
(WARRENSBURG, Mo., digitalBURG) — The Warrensburg Police Department is seeking assistance in identifying a suspicious man reported to have approached two female minors earlier this week.

The school resource officer at Warrensburg Middle School informed the WPD that a white male, between the ages of 20 and 30, in a maroon Ford Taurus, approached a female minor Sunday. The man asked the young female a few questions as she walked near the middle school, and then he watched her as she entered her home, according to a WPD news release.
Warrensburg Police Detective Donna Bartlett said the description of the man closely matched a similar incident that occurred Tuesday.
The WPD received a report Wednesday alleging that a white male matching the description of the previous incident tried to get a young female near Anderson Street to approach his car Tuesday evening.
“Two incidents within a couple days is a major concern,” Bartlett said.
The WPD is asking anyone with information related to these events or the man in question to call their dispatch line at 660-747-2265.