Pie a Pi and Egg an Ep

Photo by unknown

PHOTOS BY BRANDON BOWMAN / PHOTO EDITOR
Sigma Phi Epsilon and Alpha Omicron Pi partnered for their philanthropy events Pie a Pi and Egg an Ep last week in front of the Elliott Student Union. Sigma Phi Epsilon’s philanthropy was TAKE, a self-defense program which was part of women’s self-defense awareness week Sept. 1-3. Alpha Omicron Pi’s philanthropy was for the Arthritis Foundation. Participants who donate to their causes could pie a member of Alpha Omicron Pi in the face, or egg a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon.

Sophomore Alyssa Kinnison is stunned after being pied in front of the Elliott Student Union for the Pie a Pi, Egg an Ep event Wednesday afternoon Sept. 2.

Meagan Fitzgerald, a junior dietetics major, cracks an egg on Nick Zahner’s head, all to raise money for a self-defense course.

Nick Zahner, a senior safety management major, cringes as Kati McKenzie, an education major, cracks a couple of eggs on his head.

Students gather around to support a great cause and to have a little fun at the Pie a Pi and Egg an Ep event last week at the Union.