Tigers lose to Clinton on the road

By JASON STRICKLAND (CLINTON, Mo., digitalBURG) – The Clinton Cardinals were leading 7-0 with just a few seconds left in the first half, and were inside the Warrensburg 5-yard line, but the Tigers’ defense was able to stop senior running back Chris Sidfrid to keep that score at halftime.
Unfortunately for Warrensburg, it was unable to stop Sidfrid in the second half, as he racked up 114 yards off 17 carries and scored two touchdowns to give the Cardinals the 27-6 win at home over the Tigers. He had 193 yards total off 35 carries and three touchdowns.
Warrensburg fell to 0-8 on the season, and stays in last place in the West Central Conference. Clinton improved to 7-1 to keep its lead in the conference.
The Cardinals started the second half with a six-play, 57-yard drive that ended up with a 9-yard touchdown run by Sidfrid to make it 13-0 with 8:34 left in the third quarter. Clinton missed the extra point.
Sidfrid got his third touchdown of the game on the Cardinals’ next drive, as he capped off a 50-yard drive with a 29-yard run to make it 20-0 with 1:12 left in the third quarter.
The Tigers did not get on the scoreboard until the 8:42 mark in the fourth quarter, as senior quarterback Brett Marr threw a 13-yard touchdown pass to wide-out Brad Cox. A missed extra point kept the score 20-6 Cardinals.
Marr completed a 57-yard pass to senior wide receiver Anthony Briscoe two plays before the touchdown.
Warrensburg only had two possessions after that, and both ended with turnovers. Sidfrid intercepted Marr’s pass with 4:55 remaining in the game, which led to a 35-yard touchdown run by senior running back Jason Abernathy to make it 27-6 with 4:05 left in the game.
The Tigers turned the ball over on downs in their final drive of the game.
Warrensburg turned the ball over four times during the game. The first was a fumble by sophomore running back Zach Nowlin at his own 9-yard line during the second drive of the game. It led to Sidfrid’s first touchdown of the game with 9:13 left in the second quarter. The second turnover was on downs early in the fourth quarter.
The Tigers will play their final game of the regular season at home versus O’Hara (2-6) Friday. They will play a district playoff game on the road in two weeks.

[email_link]