Smoke forces evacuation of Smirnoff Theater in Branson

Written by Muleskinner Staff

(BRANSON, Mo., AP) โ€” Dozens of people were evacuated from the Yakov Smirnoff Theater in Branson after smoke filled the theater.

No one was injured in Thursday’s incident at the theater.
Branson Fire Chief Ted Martin says the fire started in a storage room near the kitchen area. He says it is likely one of several baseboard infrared heaters stored in a room was turned on, causing some old theater seats in the room to catch fire.
KYTV-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1AOEdep) smoke poured into the theater as a performance by Acrobats from China was about to begin.
Smirnoff was not at the theater at the time.
Martin says he’ll meet with theater owners Friday to determine when the building can reopen.
___
Information from: KYTV-TV, http://www.ky3.com