School Board: Dyer hopes to continue progress with the board

Editor’s Note: This is the third in a series of four stories profiling the candidates for the R-6 Board of Education.
By DEVIN R. NEGRETE(WARRENSBURG, Mo., digitalBURG) – Lisa Dyer has been on the Warrensburg R-6 School Board since 2008 and is seeking re-election on April 8.
Dyer is one of four candidates who have filed for three available seats on the board. Also on the ballot are Gary Grigsby, Adam Horn and Ed Wirthwein.
Dyer is a foster parent and has 13 kids she calls her own. Eight of them have graduated from Warrensburg, four are currently in the school district and one is a preschooler.
“I have a lot of kids in the district and I feel like that helps keep me in the know of what’s going on within the school,” Dyer said. “I’m very involved in all of the schools with my kids and I think I can bring that information to the board meeting.”
She said she wants to see through some of the major projects she’s been a part of since she has been on the board.
“As we are looking at these possible building projects and looking at some uncertain times with our budgets makes me want to be a part of this process,” Dyer said. “I want to be a part of the Warrensburg academic process.”
She said the bond and levy increase on the ballot will help improve the district.
“If this bond and levy passes, we’ll be reconstructing our staff salary pay and we will be building and adding on to the schools,” Dyer said. “I would like to continue working and being involved in those projects.”
Since Dyer is involved with the schools, she said she is able to learn about the needs and concerns of her constituents.
“I listen to the feedback from what the parents and the students want and how the final projects will come out,” Dyer said. “What I’m hearing is the safety at the high school is a huge priority.”