Downtown construction to begin Monday

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – The downtown facelift continues as the city is set to start streetscape work on the east side of Holden Street, just south of the railroad tracks, according to a news release.
Construction for the project is scheduled to begin Monday.  KAT Construction of Bates City is the contractor for this project.
The project is scheduled to take 60 days to complete.
The project is a continuation of the downtown streetscape improvements made to Holden and Pine Streets. The work begins at the railroad tracks, and proceeds south to Grover Street. Improvements will be made to both sides of the streets along with the installation of sewer upgrades, according to the news release.
Underground storm drainage improvements will be made along the entire portion of the project. New curb and gutter, sidewalk and brick pavers will be installed to match the existing downtown streetscape improvements.
During the project, access to Commercial Street will be closed. This area will provide storage of project equipment and materials. As construction progresses, Holden Street may be closed in the vicinity of the project.
The city will announce information pertaining to Holden Street closures and construction updates on the city’s website, www.warrensburg-mo.com, Facebook page and Twitter account.
Emails will also be sent directly to individuals signed up for notices. To subscribe to construction updates, send an email to [email protected].