Travel Council member from Warrensburg selected as a regional director

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – The local tourism director was recently named regional director for the Osage Lakes Region of the Missouri Travel Council.
The Missouri Travel Council’s board of directors selected Kristi Eckfeld, director of tourism for the Warrensburg Visitors Center, to serve a two-year term as regional director, according to a news release.
Eckfeld’s duties will include attending Missouri Travel Council meetings, serve on committees appointed by the president, hold semi-annual regional meetings, coordinate regional caucus meetings at the Governor’s Conference on Tourism, prepare regional reports and research specific areas that impact tourism in the Osage Lakes Region as well as the state.
The Osage Lakes Region covers Bates, Benton, Johnson, Pettis and Vernon counties. Also included in the Osage Lakes membership are the Missouri Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds, the Missouri State Fair and Powell Gardens.
“It is an honor to be selected by my peers for this position,” Eckfeld said in a written statement. “After being in the tourism field for a relatively short time, I am humbled by the confidence placed in me by the tourism professionals of the Osage Lakes Region. I am looking forward to promoting Warrensburg, Johnson County and the entire Osage Lakes Region throughout the state and beyond.”