Tickets on sale Monday to four State Fair shows

(SEDALIA, Mo.) – The Missouri State Fair concert series draws near as tickets for more four shows go on sale starting Monday.
The four shows feature Chubby Checker, Lee Brice with Tyler Farr, Foreigner with Starship featuring Mickey Thomas and Three Days Grace with Hinder. Tickets to these Missouri State Fair Pepsi Grandstand concerts go on sale at 9 a.m. Monday and can be ordered at Ticketmaster.com or by phone at 800-796-6776.
Foreigner and Starship featuring Mickey Thomas fill the slot on the first Friday, Aug. 9. The classic rock artists have some well-known hits, such as “Juke Box Hero,” “Feels Like the First Time,” “Cold as Ice,” “Hot Blooded” and “I Want To Know What Love Is.”
Chubby Checker will celebrate the 50th anniversary of his song, “The Twist,” in his State Fair appearance Tuesday, Aug. 13. His hit became the first and only 45 single to appear in the No. 1 billboard spot in two different years, 1961 and 1962.
Lee Brice and opening act Tyler Farr will bring a young country sound to this year’s State Fair concert series with their performance Thursday, Aug. 15. Songwriter and artist Lee Brice is a four-time Academy of Country Music nominee with hits that include “A Woman Like You,” “Love Like Crazy” and “Hard 2 Love.” Tyler Farr is a rising country sensation and a Missouri native. Farr’s new single, “Redneck Crazy,” is his first Top 40 hit.
Three Days Grace, a Canadian rock/alternative metal band, and American rock band Hinder will close out the concert series on Saturday, Aug. 17. Three Days Grace got their start in the 1990s and has since celebrated many accolades on the Billboard charts for both singles and albums. Hinder was formed in Oklahoma in 2001 and was inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame in 2007.
The State Fair’s four concerts already on sale through Ticketmaster include Chris Cagle with Will Hoge, who will perform Aug. 8; Gary Allan with Randy Houser on Aug. 10; The Oak Ridge Boys 40th anniversary tour on Aug. 14; and Toby Keith and Kelsey K on Aug. 16.
All concerts will be on the Pepsi Grandstand Stage beginning at 7:30 p.m.
The Box Office, located on the fairgrounds in Sedalia, will open Monday, June 24. Summer hours will be noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. During the fair, Aug. 8-18, operating hours will be 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
In addition to concert tickets, the Box Office will sell tickets to State Fair Arena events and the Governor’s Ham Breakfast, as well as advance gate admission tickets.
For a complete list of concerts and events, visit www.mostatefair.com, follow the Missouri State Fair on Facebook and Twitter or call 1-800-422-FAIR (3247).