Repertory theater features children's show

A touring show for children highlights the 32nd annual summer season of the Central Missouri Repertory.
The show “I Think I Can, written by Kathryn Shultz and Barry Miller and music by Bruce Bowdon, is a musical telling the story of a young girl who is not sure about her dreams. With the help of her interesting friends, she learns one person’s dream can come true when they put their mind to it, no matter what happens.
“I Think I Can” will be performed locally at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 13 in Warrensburg at Grover Park and 3 p.m. June 17at the Whiteman Air Force Base Community Center. There will be additional productions in Kansas City, Clinton, Carrollton and Richmond.
A diverse team of theater artists was assembled for Central Missouri Repertory’s production of “I Think I Can.” The show is directed by its current company manager, Dr. Julie Rae Mollenkamp. Other members of the company are Audra Viele, stage manager and sound designer; Sayali Indulkar, public relations and tour manager; Kayla Lopez, costume and makeup designer; Elizabeth Conant, scenic designer and technical director; and Geoffrey Pottorff, scene shop staff.
The cast features Daniel Parman, Nellie Maple, Angie Benson and Bethanie Million.
For more information, call the UCM theater office at 660-543-4020.