Mules begin MIAA Tournament hosting Pittsburg State

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – The Central Missouri Mules have earned the No. 2 seed in the MIAA Baseball Championship Tournament and will host seventh-seeded Pittsburg State in a first round series beginning Friday in Warrensburg.
The four higher seeded teams in the tournament are hosting the four lower seeded teams in a best two-of-three series with the winners advancing to the final four at Community America Ballpark in Kansas City, Kan. May 9-11.
Game one of the series between the seventh-ranked Mules (34-9, 28-8 MIAA) and the Gorillas (26-21, 22-19 MIAA) will take place at 3 p.m. Friday, May 3 at Crane Stadium/Tompkins Field in Warrensburg. Game two is set for 1 p.m. Saturday, May 4 with game three, if necessary, set for at 1 p.m. Sunday, May 5.
The two teams did not meet during the regular season as the three-game series scheduled for February 23 and 24 in Warrensburg was canceled due to inclement weather.
Tickets for the MIAA Tournament First Round are $5 each, all general admission seating. Children six and under are admitted for free. UCM students wishing to attend will receive free admission compliments of UCM President, Dr. Chuck Ambrose, who has purchased tickets on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students will need to show valid UCM ID at the ticket window to receive a free ticket to the game.
The other first round match-ups taking place this weekend are No. 8 seed Fort Hays State at No. 1 seed Missouri Western, No. 5 seed Emporia State at No. 4 seed Central Oklahoma and No. 6 seed Northeastern State at No. 3 seed Missouri Southern.