Three Jennies Bowlers named NTCA All-Americans

(CANTON, Mich.) – Three Central Missouri Jennies bowlers were named to the 2012-13 National Tenpin Coaches Association (NTCA) All-America Team as announced at the NCAA Bowling Championships Banquet on Wednesday night.
Natalie Jimenez and Mary Wells were first team selections and Kara Richard was named to the honorable mention team. In addition, Jimenez was named the Division II/III National Player of the Year and Wells was named the Division II/III Rookie of the Year.
Jimenez, a native of Rowland Heights, Calif., averaged 210.35 during the season and was named to seven different All-Tournament Teams, including Most Valuable Player selections at the McKendree Invitational, Hawk Classic, and Music City Classic. This is the fourth All-American award for Jimenez and the second time she has been named to the first team.
Wells, a native of Westerville, Ohio, earned six All-Tournament Team honors during her freshman season and was the Most Valuable Player at the Morgan State Invitational. She becomes the fourth consecutive Jennie to win the Division II/III Rookie of the Year award. Also, Mary and her mother, Julie, become the first mother/daughter tandem at any level to earn women’s collegiate bowling All-America honors as student-athletes. Her mother was a two-time All-American at West Texas A&M.
Richard, a native of Tecumseh, Mich., earns her third straight All-American award after being named to this year’s honorable mention squad. She was a second team All-American last year and an honorable mention pick as a freshman
The Jennies open play at the NCAA Championships on Thursday morning and competition continues through Saturday at Super Bowl Lanes in Canton