Keuna Flax named Division II Bulletin All-American Honorable Mention

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – Junior forward Keuna Flax was named an All-American Honorable Mention by Women’s Division II Bulletin, her third All-American honors after leading the Jennies to a 24-6 record and a berth to the NCAA Tournament.
She led the Jennies to a 24-6 record, recording the most wins in a season since 1989-90, and a second place finish in both the MIAA regular season and MIAA Tournament. The Jens also reached the NCAA Tournament for the third time in the last four years. Flax led the team in scoring, as well as field goal percentage (50.5%). She finished among the top ten in the MIAA in rebounding (7.7 rpg) and blocked shots (1.4 bpg), as well as minutes played (33.0 mpg). Flax is one of just four players from the MIAA to be named All-American, all of which earned Honorable Mention status.
Flax was also a First Team All-MIAA selection this season and was named to the MIAA All-Tournament Team after helping lead the Jennies to a MIAA championship game appearance in Kansas City.
With the award, Flax becomes the first Jennie to earn three All-American awards in a single season since 1997-98. She is also the fourth player from Central Missouri to earn an All-American honor from Women’s Division II Bulletin, the latest since Lashonda Albert in 1997-98.