UCM presents "Street Scene" by Elmer Rice

The University of Central Missouri Department of Theatre & Dance will present the Pulitzer Prize-winning play “Street Scene” by Elmer Rice.
The season finale will be directed by Dr. Richard Herman, department chair. Jason Bohon, a professional actor from New York City, will be the acting coach as part of the Meridith Harmon Sauer Guest Artist Series.
Performances will be at 7:30 p.m. April 24-27 and at 2 p.m. April 28 in the James L. Highlander Theatre. Admission is $12 for the general public, $10 for faculty, staff and senior citizens and $7 for students. Tickets will be available at the box office, located in Wood 128, for season subscribers Monday, April 15 and for the general public Wednesday, April 17. The box office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tickets may be reserved by calling the box office at 660-543-8811. Children under the age of 5 will not be admitted.
The play is set on the front stoop of a New York City tenement building in the summer of 1929. The characters represent a cross-section of lower-middle class immigrants as they labor to survive in America. Increasingly, it seems difficult for honest and hard-working folks to succeed in a system where big money, selfish politicians, greedy corporations and neighborhood violence rule the day.
The cast includes numerous UCM students, three students from the Warrensburg Middle School, Ty Schmidt, Dade Sprague and Josh Terrell; and Lily Peltz, a Sterling Elementary student.