Former Jennies join professional volleyball team

(KANSAS CITY, Mo.) – Former Central Missouri Jennies’ All-Americans Allie Huffman and Rachel Fister have joined the Heart of America Havoc, a professional volleyball team in the Premier Volleyball League.
Huffman, the only four-time AVCA All-American in Jennies volleyball history, and the 2011 MIAA Player of the Year, joins the Havoc as one of 13 hitters on the 19-player roster. A 2012 graduate of UCM, Huffman is the program’s all-time leader in attacks, and ranks second in points and third in kills on UCM’s all-time lists.
Fister, a two-time All-American at libero, also joins the Havoc after graduating from UCM in 2011. She collected over 2,400 digs in her Jennies career and ranks second on the all-time digs list.
Jennies volleyball head coach Flip Piontek also joins the team as an assistant coach. Piontek has previous experience in the professional ranks, guiding the Kansas City Lightning to a National Volleyball League championship in 1998.
The Havoc opened up the 2013 PVL season in February 15, falling to the Great Plains Tornados, 3-0. The PVL is comprised of teams from among USA Volleyball’s 40 regional volleyball associations; the Heart of America encompasses the state of Kansas and the western half of Missouri.