Sharplin's win highlights day one of UCM Mule Relays

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – Junior Zoe Sharplin picked up her first multi-event win of the season, besting a field of 17 athletes in day one of the UCM Mule Relays.
Sharplin finished the pentathlon with a score of 3,498, earning a provisional qualifying mark for the upcoming NCAA Track and Field Championships next month.
Sharplin opened the meet with a win in the 60m hurdles, then held the overall lead throughout the pentathlon with top-three finishes the rest of the morning. With a seventh-place finish in the 800-meter run, Sharplin was able to clinch the win. Her mark of 3,498 stands as the second highest in the MIAA this season, and fourth-best in NCAA Division II.
Freshman Brittany Kallenberger placed 12th in the pentathlon while competing in only four of the five events. Kallenberger picked up a provisional mark during the multi-event, posting a mark of 5-6 in the high jump. The freshman picked up her second provisional mark of the day in the pole vault, winning the event by clearing the bar at 11-10.75. Her performance in the pole vault ranks third in the MIAA, and is the 22nd-best mark nationally.
The meet’s only other provisional mark recorded on Friday came in the women’s weight throw, when Heavin Warner took second place with a throw of 55-7.75. That mark ranks 20th in Division II at this point in the season, and is the second-highest in the MIAA.
In the final race of the night, the culmination of Alissa Keil, Samantha Merritt, Haley Russell and Allie Rexroad won the distance medley relay in a time of 13:35.16.
Coming back to the Multi to compete unattached was Jennies track alumnus Lindsay Lettow. The former four-time national champion took first place in the 60m hurdles as well as the 400m dash.
Jennies’ sprinter Clarissa Thomas took first place in the 600-yard run, finishing with a time of 1:28.12.