Stiletto Gym opens in town, offers fun way for women to get in shape

Story by ANDREA LOPEZ, for the Muleskinner—
    Home of the Guinness world record for the largest chair dance (271 ladies all chair dancing), the Stiletto Gym of Lee’s Summit is bringing the buzz to Warrensburg. Scheduled to open its doors in February, the unique fitness center is for ladies only.
    “We have a positive impact on women’s lives through sharing fitness, friendships, and fun,” said owner Carla Mock, a graduate of UCM.
    After being a part of the fitness industry for 12 years, Mock opened up a yoga and wellness center six years ago and said she is eager to see the effect of the new gym to the Warrensburg and surrounding communities.
    “We want ladies to know that fitness does not need to be a chore or something you dread to do,” Mock said. “Instead, it can be fun and give you a sense of being fit and fabulous.”
    The Stiletto Gym will offer all the same classes taught at the Lee’s Summit location. That includes pole fitness, chair dance fitness, polga (pole yoga), sexy stretch, pole ballet, burlesque, sexy samplers, intro to pole, and “girls night out parties.”
    “Women often get distracted with family, relationships, school and work, and forget to take care of themselves physically and mentally,” Mock said. “Having a gym like the Stiletto Gym allows women the chance to come into a friendly and fun atmosphere, workout, and feel sexy and feminine, all while making new friends.”
    Stiletto Gym member Lindsey Bush started attending the fitness center in Lee’s Summit a year ago and has never left. As the upcoming manager for the Warrensburg facility, her advice to young ladies is “Get up and live. Life’s too short – get fit, have fun and feel sexy.”
    Like most women having struggled with her image and self-esteem, Bush told herself that she deserved the best and in order to do so, she needed to get up to make that happen. “Our lives are waiting for us to live and they will come and go whether we chose to enjoy them or not,” she said.
    The new Stiletto gym in Warrensburg will be located behind Wal-Mart at 1125 N Simpson Drive Unit N. The drop-in rates range from $8 to $12 or $55 for unlimited monthly classes. There are no contracts, so unlimited monthly passes are month-to-month. They will offer a 15 percent discount for students and military.
    The gym will be offering a week long pre-opening event for Valentine’s Day Feb. 8-14. It will feature a fashion show, chair dance, and a photography event.