Mules extend winning streak in sweep of Newman

The UCM Mules (18-3, 6-0 in MIAA) traveled to Wichita, KS where they swept the Newman Jets in three games. This weekend sweep extends the Mules winning streak to 12 games. 
Game 1: Mules 17 Jets 9
UCM used the long ball to take down the Jets as five different Mules combined for six home runs. The first two homers came back to back from UCM’s Josh Schumacher and Erik Webb. The Mules tied the game in the fourth inning on a Cole Taylor home run to make the score 4-4. After UCM’s Cole Christman gave the Mules the lead with an RBI single, Webb launched a three-run homer, his second long ball of the game, to give the Mules an 8-4 lead. UCM’s Brennan van Breusegen and Harrison Schnurbusch later smacked home runs of their own and the Mules went on to win 17-9. 
Game 2: Mules 14 Jets 11
UCM started off hot offensively with home runs from Schnurbusch and Dusty Stroup to help push the Mules to a 5-0 lead in the third. Newman chipped away at the UCM lead and eventually took a 10-8 lead in the sixth inning. Schnurbusch later tied the game at 10-10 with a two-run double. Christman gave the Mules the lead with an RBI double then Schumacher drove in two runs on a single to extend the Mules lead to 13-10. UCM went on to beat the Jets 14-11. 
Game 3: Mules 16 Jets 2
The Mules dominated the Jets in the final game of the series from start to finish. UCM’s Alex Madera was the main force offensively with five hits and three RBI’s. Taylor and Schnurbusch each smashed a home run and Stroup and van Breusegen each drove in two RBI’s . Collin Jones pitched five innings for the Mules giving up only three hits, one run and struck out five batters.