Rise of the Guardians: A family fun piece of cinema

By JOSHUA LEONARD
With a great story, engaging laughter with a hint of danger, “Rise of the Guardians” is an all-around family fun piece of cinema.

Josh Leonard
Josh Leonard

“Rise of the Guardians,” the latest film produced by Dreamworks Animation, tells the story of Jack Frost (voiced by Chris Pine) who is lonely and depressed because no children believe in him. But that all changes when evil begins to lurk as the Boogyman, aka Pitch Black (voiced by Jude Law), rises from the darkness to try and get rid of all the hope, happiness and beliefs that children have.
To stop Pitch (Black) from taking over, The Guardians: Santa, aka North (voiced by Alec Baldwin), the Tooth Fairy, aka Tooth (voiced by Isla Fisher), the Easter Bunny, aka Bunny (voiced by Hugh Jackman), the Sandman and Jack must team up to stop Pitch and ensure that children all around the world still believe in them.
The 3D in the film was so-so. I recommend watching it in 2D and save a few bucks, but the story of the film was really good. The animation is a similar style to the rest of Dreamworks Animation films – “Shrek,” “How to Train Your Dragon.”
“Rise of the Guardians” will keep you entertained throughout and is a great movie to take the kids to while enjoying it yourself.
I recommend watching this film as it is one of the only (if not only) Christmas-type movies released this year.
Additional information provided by www.imdb.com.