Update: Mules face top-ranked Bearcats on the road

Senior guard Jafar Kinsey attempts a three-pointer in the Mules 74-69 loss to Washburn Feb. 6. Kinsey is averaging 13 points and five rebounds per game this season. Photo by Peter Spexarth/For the Muleskinner

Fresh of a thrilling win over Emporia State, Mules basketball (12-10, 5-8 MIAA) will try to keep the momentum rolling as they face their toughest test of the season.
The first of two road games on the week will see the Mules travel to Maryville, Missouri, to face No. 1 Northwest Missouri State (21-0, 13-0 MIAA). The Bearcats have been dominant all season, but especially so over their last seven contests where they have won by an average of 23 points.
Senior Jakob Lowrance has scored in double-digits in four consecutive games and is averaging 16 points per game and seven rebounds during that stretch. Junior Blake Spellman scored 16 points in the win against Emporia State. It was Spellman’s first start since returning to the team three games prior.
The Mules matchup with the Bearcats is scheduled to tip at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Bearcat Arena in Maryville. Next, the Mules will face Missouri Western (11-13, 5-8 MIAA) Saturday. Tip is scheduled for 4 p.m. at the MWSU Fieldhouse in St. Joseph, Missouri.