Update: Soccer to face Augustana in Central Region Championship

Senior defender Emily Griffin making a pass in the Jennies 4-0 win over Lindenwood in the MIAA quarterfinals. (Photo by Jason Brown/Sports Editor)

Following a runner up finish in the MIAA Championship, Jennies soccer has been selected as the third seed in the NCAA Central Region Championship.
The Jennies are coming off a 6-1 loss in the MIAA Championship game to Central Oklahoma in Edmond, Oklahoma on Sunday. It’s the second loss to the Bronchos on the season, who defeated the Jennies 2-0 in the regular season.
The Jennies tore through the MIAA Tournament, outscoring their first two opponents 11-1 before running into the Bronchos’ brick-wall defense. After sophomore Makayla Toth scored 35 seconds in to take a 1-0 lead, the Bronchos scored all six of their goals unanswered. The Jennies were outshot 34-8 by the Bronchos.
The Jennies first match in the regional tournament will be a rematch against Augustana (South Dakota). The Jennies and Vikings faced off at the beginning of the season with Central Missouri prevailing 3-2 in double overtime.
Kickoff between the Jennies and Vikings is scheduled for 11 a.m. Friday at Chet Anderson Stadium in Bemidji, Minnesota.