UCM announces 2012-2013 Hall of Fame inductees

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — Ten individuals, one group and two teams make up the 2012-13 class of the UCM Athletic Hall of Fame.
Joining the Hall of Fame this season is Rick Gosnell (basketball, 1974-76) from the early era; Rachel Adams (softball, 2006-07), David Goodwin (baseball, 1997-98), Roderick Green (football, 2002-03), Becky Haug-Craddock (volleyball, track & field, 2002-06) and Plamen Paskalev (wrestling, 2002-03 & 2004-06) from the modern era.
Former Mules baseball coach Darin Hendrickson (2004-07) enters the Hall of Fame this year in the coaching category. Longtime faculty athletics representative Paul Engelmann enters the hall in the special recognition category along with former UCM football player, graduate assistant coach and Board of Governors member Richard Phillips, former Mules golfer and booster Matt Roberts and the Table Crew for UCM Basketball.
The 1994 Jennies volleyball team and the 2006-07 Mules basketball team will be enshrined as well.
The Central Missouri Athletic Hall of Fame now consists of 197 individuals and 53 teams. The annual Hall of Fame induction ceremony is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 16 in the Sandra Temple Elliott Union Ballroom. Tickets are $12 per person and may be purchased by calling the UCM Athletic Office at 660-543-4250 before Feb. 8.
Rick Gosnell
Basketball, 1974-1976
Rick Gosnell played two seasons at Central Missouri and finished as a first-team All-MIAA selection both years. He led the team in scoring by averaging 26.6 points per game in 1974-75, which is third best in school history, and 18.9 points per game in 1975-76.  He is 15th in school history in scoring with 1,144 points in just two years of competition. His 691 points in 1974-75 are the sixth most in a single-season in school history. His 52 points in a game at Southeast Missouri State in 1975 ranks second in single-game scoring in school history. Following his senior season, Gosnell was named the Vernon Kennedy Award winner as Central Missouri’s top senior male student-athlete.
Rachel Adams
Softball, 2006-2007
Adams was a two-time All-MIAA selection, earning first team and MIAA MVP honors as a senior for Jennies softball. She was a first team All-Region and first team All-American selection in 2007. She is the UCM single-season leader in batting average (.457), home runs (16) and total bases (121). Adams ranks second in hits (74), total bases (119), slugging percentage (second and third) and RBI (58). She is the Central Missouri career leader in batting average (.406) and slugging percentage (.755). She also ranks second in home runs (25), sixth in RBI (104) and ninth in total bases. She was also an MIAA Academic Honor Roll member.
David Goodwin
Baseball, 1997-1998
Goodwin was a two-time All-American first baseman for Mules Baseball, earning first team All-America honors in 1998 and third team honors in 1997. He was the co-MIAA Most Valuable Player in 1998, also earning Regional MVP honors that season. He is second in school history in career batting average (.435), third in career home runs (28) and ninth in career put outs (629). The Mules won MIAA and Regional Championships both of his seasons as well.
Roderick Green
Football, 2002-2003
Green was the highest NFL Draft Pick in Mules football history, going in the fifth round to Baltimore in the 2004 NFL Draft. A two-time All-American for the Mules, he also earned first team All-MIAA and All-Region honors twice. He is one of 15 first-team All-Americans in school history. He recorded 39 tackles for loss in his career to rank fourth all-time at UCM, and did that as a two-year player. He played in both of the Division II All-Star Games (Cactus Bowl and Las Vegas All-Star Classic) earning Defensive MVP honors in Las Vegas. He is the only player in school history to play in both games. He played five seasons in the NFL with the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers.
Becky Haug-Craddock
Volleyball, 2002-2005
Track & Field 2004-2006
Haug was a two-time All-American and four-time All-MIAA selection in volleyball for the Jennies and is third on the all-time points list at UCM with 1,505. She ranks in the top 10 all-time with 1,481 kills and 84 matches in double-figure kills. She was also a three-time All-American in track and field in the discus in 2004, 2005 and 2006. She was named the Dr. Peggy Martin Award winner as the Outstanding Senior Female Student-Athlete at UCM in 2006.
Plamen Paskalev
Wrestling, 2002-2003, 2004-2006
Paskalev was a three-time All-American for Mules wrestling, placing fourth in 2003 at heavyweight, third at 197 pounds in 2005 and was an undefeated national champion at 197 pounds in 2006. He became the fourth individual national champion in Mules wrestling history and first to go undefeated with a perfect 18-0 record. He ranks ninth in a single season with 17 pins and ranks first in school history in winning percentage at .928 with a 64-5 career mark. He was a two-time Olympian for his native Bulgaria, placing fourth at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.
Darin Hendrickson
Baseball, 2004-2007
Hendrickson served as head coach of the Mules from 2004-2007, compiling a career record of 209-46. His .820 winning percentage is third all-time at UCM. His teams captured three MIAA regular season championships, three MIAA Tournament titles and two NCAA Regional crowns. His teams made the NCAA Tournament all four years he was the head coach and had two third-place finishes at the NCAA Division II World Series. He coached 13 All-Americans, including the 2005 Rawlings/ABCA Position Player and Pitcher of the Year and 2005 Division II Player of the Year.
Paul Engelmann
Faculty Athletics Representative, 1981-Present
As the faculty athletics representative for Central Missouri since 1981, Paul Engelmann has been responsible for promoting academic integrity, institutional control of intercollegiate athletics and facilitating the integration of athletics and academic components to the collegiate community. He has been responsible for the certification of eligibility of student-athletes and served as the liaison between student-athletes and the faculty at UCM. He has worked under five presidents during his 31 years as the FAR at Central Missouri, has served as the faculty representative to the MIAA and has served on numerous MIAA and NCAA committees, including the Division II Legislation Committee and as chair of the NCAA Division II Management Council.
Richard Phillips
Phillips has been a student-athlete, coach and board member for Central Missouri, dedicating more than 50 years of his life to the university. The Norborne, Mo., native was a tight end for the Mules football team from 1959-60 and 1962-63. He was a graduate assistant coach under UCM Hall of Famer Howard Mahanes from 1970-72, including the 1970 Pecan Bowl Team. He served on the UCM Alumni Board from 2002-04 and was president of the Alumni Board in 2004. He served on the UCM Board of Governors from 2005-10, holding the office of secretary of the board and president from 2008-10, during which time the university hired Dr. Charles Ambrose as president. He holds three degrees from UCM: a Bachelor of Science in physical education and social studies in 1965, a Master of Science in education in 1967 and an Education Specialist in public school administration in 1972.
Matt Roberts
Roberts was a three-time All-MIAA selection for the Mules golf team from 1990-93. After his playing career ended, the Warrensburg native has been a supporter of Mules golf in his role as a golf professional and general manager of golf facilities in Kansas City. He has assisted in running golf tournaments in Kansas City for Mules golf and has been a booster to the UCM Athletic Auction and Mules golf fundraiser.
UCM Basketball Table Crew
The table crew for Mules and Jennies basketball has volunteered more than 150 years of service to UCM by working home basketball games. Over the years, a few individuals have already entered the Hall of Fame for past service on the table crew. The 2013 induction of the basketball table crew will enshrine individuals such as Jerry Elliott, Huet Donald, Marilyn Thompson, Tammy Shanks, Eugene Stillman, Clay Heishman, Jim Joyner, Dave DeFrain, Rhonda McKee and Phil Schlup for their service over many years to UCM Athletics.
1994 Jennies Volleyball
The 1994 Jennies volleyball team finished 41-5 overall and 17-1 in conference play en route to the MIAA Championship. The Jens also captured the regional championship and advanced all the way to the national semifinals under head coach Peggy Martin.
2006-07 Mules Basketball
The 2006-07 Mules basketball team finished 31-4, capturing the second MIAA championship under head coach Kim Anderson. The team won the MIAA Tournament Championship and the South Central Regional championship hosted in Warrensburg. The Mules advanced to the Final Four, winning a school-record 31 games.