Central Missouri faces Lindenwood to end three-games on the road

Central Missouri Mules baseball is to play their final game of three games on the road this week against Lindenwood.
Central Missouri now has a 27-10 record for the season with an 11-6 record away with eight consecutive wins. The Mules are 18-7 in MIAA play and currently sit second in the conference standings. UCM finished non-conference play with a 9-3 record.
In their first two games on the road, UCM faced off against the Missouri S&T Miners on Tuesday afternoon and the Southwest Baptist Bearcats on Wednesday afternoon.
After having a solid start against Missouri S&T, the Mules did not maintain it after falling short, 5-4. The Mules started strong in the scoring column as they scored three runs in the first inning right away.
They struggled after their scoring spree and did not score again until the top of the sixth inning. UCM looked to tie the game and potentially take the lead after the Miners held the 5-4 lead, but failed to manage a run in the last three innings
Central Missouri was able to bounce back against the Southwest Baptist Bearcats with a road victory, 12-8 Wednesday afternoon. Once again the Mules had a solid start to the game with three runs scored in the first inning. In the fourth inning, UCM took a commanding lead by scoring five runs that put the game out of reach. The Mules are now 10-0 when scoring 10 or more runs in a game this season.
The Mules last played the Lions April 4 at home were the Mules were red-hot in a 9-4 victory. The offense for the Mules was key to the game as they managed to get 15 hits on the Lions defense. This was the second win over Lindenwood during the season. In their first meeting, UCM took a 9-5 victory on the road.
In head coach Kyle Crooke’s first season as head coach in 2015, the Mules went 1-3 against the Lions. UCM is currently 6-5 under Kyle Crookes. Overall, the Mules are 25-10 all-time against Lindenwood in 35 meetings.
Lindenwood is currently holding a 16-18 overall record on the season. They are 9-14 in MIAA conference on the season. In their last game on Wednesday afternoon, the Lions took a huge victory over  McKendree University, 14-4.
The Mules look to finish off the regular season with an undefeated record against Lindenwood. UCM takes the field Tuesday night, April 17, in St. Charles, Missouri. First pitch is set for 6 p.m. at Lou Brock Sports Complex.