Mules baseball faces Nebraska-Kearney in upcoming three-game series

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – Central Missouri Mules baseball looks to bounce back in their next home game after struggling in a 6-1 loss against Southwest Baptist Bearcats on Tuesday night.
This is the second straight loss for the Mules which puts them at 21-7 on the season and 12-5 in MIAA conference play. UCM has lost back-to-back games for just the second time this season and the first time since the season opening weekend.
The Mules look to regroup as they remain at home for a three-game series against Nebraska-Kearney Lopers this week Thursday through Saturday.
Against Nebraska-Kearney, UCM is just 11-5 in 16 games played all-time between the schools. While under Head Coach Kyle Crookes, the Mules are 6-2 against the Lopers.
The Mules look to continue their great play at home as they are 11-2 at home this season and are winners of five of their last seven home contests.
UCM baseball also remains in the national rankings at the number 11 spot in the latest poll after going 2-2 last week. Central Missouri has been ranked in the last four national ranking polls after starting the season unranked.
The Lopers are 17-11 overall on the season with a 5-6 record away from home. The Lopers are now on a current two-game win streak after defeating Lindenwood in their final match of a three-game series, 10-3, and Fort Hays State in which they managed to pull off a shutout game, 7-0.
Last time Central Missouri and Nebraska-Kearney met, the Mules won the three-game series in Kearney, Nebraska 2-1. It was evenly split through the first two games as the Mules managed to pull off the win in game one, 12-2, but the Lopers regrouped and took a win in a close match in game two, 11-10. UCM was able to outlast Nebraska-Kearney in their last match to take the series with a commanding shutout game, 11-0.
Game one of the Mules three-game set against the Lopers gets underway Thursday with the first pitch scheduled for 6 p.m. at Crane Stadium/Tompkins Field.