Career Services hosts annual BIG Expo

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – Career Services Center at the University of Central Missouri is hosting its annual Spring BIG Career Expo from 1-4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14, in the Multipurpose Building Arena.
Over 180 employers and graduate schools are expected to be in attendance, representing a variety of businesses.
Joni Porter, Employer relations coordinator, said the spring and fall career expos are basically the same expo twice a year.
Porter said that majority of recruiting is done in the fall, but there will be the same number of vendors present in the spring.
Prior to the expo on Feb. 14, Career Services is also offering all day resume help from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Ward Edwards Building Room 1200.
Career Services is also holding B.I.G – Business, Industry and Government – Interview Day 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Feb.15 from in the Ward Edwards Building. Students are then selected by employers at the expo and are offered an interview time on B.I.G Interview Day.
There are 26 of the 180 employers who will be hosting next-day interviews, Porter said.
The expo is an ideal way for students to meet professionals and provide an outlook on the job market, according to a UCM news release. Students are encouraged to wear professional attire and bring several updated copies of your resume. Professionals will be there to answer any questions.
Juniors and seniors are recommended to attend for an opportunity to earn internships or full-time employment as well as speaking with graduate professionals from other universities if you are interested in graduate school.
Students not majoring in business, industry or government are still encouraged to attend the expo as a networking opportunity.
There will also be a Healthcare expo on March 5, and an Education expo on March 14.
Students looking to volunteer and help with set up should visit this website to sign up, at www.ucmo.edu/career/students/events/expo.cfm