Jennies goalkeeper named National Player of the Year

PHOTO BY KRISTINE HAFFORD / PHOTO EDITOR

The Jennies Soccer goalkeeper Ana Dilkes was named the Division II National Player of the Year as announced by United Soccer Coaches Wednesday.

PHOTO BY ALEX AGUEROS / SPORTS EDITOR
Sophomore goalkeeper Ana Dilkes observes the Central Missouri defense against Northeastern State Sunday, Oct. 18., at the South Recreational Complex.

Dilkes finished her career with the Jennies as the all-time leader in numerous categories. She finished with a record of 89-5-3 with 64 of her wins coming as shutouts. Her 64 shutouts are not only a program and MIAA record but also the most in Division II history. She is the only goalkeeper in Division II to eclipse 60-plus shutouts. She broke the Division II record for career shutouts earlier this season when she hit 60 in the Jennies shutout win over Emporia State in the MIAA Tournament Quarterfinals.
Dilkes was a wall in net as she allowed just five goals in her 26 wins this season. This breaks her previous record of goals allowed in a season of six, which she set in 2016. She did not allow more than one goal in any game this season. In her first two seasons, Dilkes posted 13 shutouts back-to-back, and improved her mark in her final two seasons with 17 and 21 respectively.
Her 26 wins, .191 goals against average, .949 save percentage, 21 shutouts, 12 consecutive shutouts to start the season, and 2,351 goalie minutes played are all single-season program and MIAA records. Each mark also led all of Division II this season. Her 12 consecutive shutouts to start the season are the most in MIAA history and she became just the seventh goalkeeper in Division II history to post over 1,000 consecutive shutouts minutes (1,093:21). Her 21 shutouts are also a new single season Division II record.
She finishes her career as a National Champion, a National Player of the Year honoree, a seven-time overall All-American, a four-time MIAA Goalkeeper of the Year, a seven-time All-Region selection, and a four-time First Team All-MIAA selection.