'Breakfast and Babies' breastfeeding support group

Western Missouri Medical Center now hosts a breastfeeding support group on the third Tuesday of every month to help support new and expecting moms, according to a press release by Western Missouri Medical Center.
“Breakfast and Babies” will kick off on Tuesday, Nov. 21, from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The support group will take place at WMMC in Conference Room 1, located inside the medical center’s main entrance. The group is hosted by Liz Juselis.
Moms are encouraged to attend this first meeting and join in the discussion to determine the direction of this support group. Juselis is looking for insight on questions, ideas and stories from area women in order to cater this support group to local needs. The goal of the group is to help counsel moms to understand the fundamentals of lactation, answer questions and provide a support network of moms, according to the press release.
As a lactation consultant at WMMC and a mother herself, Juselis understands the value of support from other moms.
“Despite breastfeeding being ‘natural,’ it is not always easy. As a breastfeeding mom myself, I have had different challenges this time. Knowing other women who are also breastfeeding and have gone through similar situations has helped tremendously. Everything is a little better with a cup of coffee and support from other moms who can share in both the victories and challenges of breastfeeding,” she said.
Breastfeeding children are welcome and a breakfast will be provided to attendees. For
more information, please contact WMMC at 660-262-7519.