Sports Update Nov. 1

Scott and Gann claim MIAA awards
Jada Scott was named MIAA Offensive Player of the Week and Allysa Gann earned MIAA Defensive Player of the Week following the Jennies’ pair of shut-out victories over the Lindenwood Lions and the Missouri Western Griffons Oct. 27 and 29.
Redshirt junior forward Jada Scott notched her fourth consecutive MIAA award after three goals over the weekend. She scored the in the 35th minute against the Lions with an assist from Kayla Hamner. Scott also scored in both the 29th and 58th minute against the Griffons She took seven total shots over the course of two games, three of which were on-goal, and finished the weekend with six total points. Last week, Scott became the all-time leader in career points. This week, she became the first Jennie to total over 100 career points.
Sophomore defender Allysa Gann hauled in her first MIAA Defender of the Week award. Gann played a key role in a Jennies defense that posted back-to-back shutouts. The Jennies’ shutout against Missouri Western marked their 16th shutout of the season.
The Jennies’ victories wrapped up their regular season play and earned them the No. 1 seed in the upcoming MIAA Tournament. The Jennies will host the Emporia State Lady Hornets at 6 p.m. Nov. 3 at the South Recreational Complex in the first round of the tournament.
Mules’ loss to UCO hurts them in rankings
The Mules fell short against the Central Oklahoma Bronchos and the loss affected their standing in both NCAA Regional Rankings and the top-25 AFCA coaches poll.
The Mules fell from No. 6 to No. 9 in the central region in this week’s NCAA Regional Rankings. Only the top seven teams from each region advance to the playoffs. They also dropped out of the AFCA coach poll. The Mules held the No. 23 spot last week, but the loss knocked them out of the rankings and into the “receiving votes” category.
The Mules look to rebound after a tough loss as they host the Northeastern State RiverHawks at 1 p.m.  Nov. 4 at Walton Stadium Kennedy Field. The Mules will be celebrating Senior Day, as the game is the last home game of the season.
Jennies Volleyball falls in AVCA Poll
The Jennies dropped from No. 16 in the American Volleyball Coaches Association to the No. 19 following a pair of losses to Northwest Missouri Bearcats and Missouri Western Griffons.
The Jennies faced off against the Bearcats Oct. 27 and were defeated 3-1. Aubree Bell led the team with 15 kills, Kylie Hohlen totaled 28 digs and Ally Offerdahl dished out 45 assists and 15 kills.
The Griffons swept the Jennies just two days later. Kasey Hohlen notched 12 kills, Ally Offerdahl finished with 27 assists, and Kylie Hohlen had 22 digs.
The Jennies will host the Washburn Ichabods at 6:00 p.m. Nov. 3 at the UCM Multipurpose Building.