Jennies skipper to coach US softball team in Aruba

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – Jennies softball head coach Susan Anderson was recently selected to coach a team of 15 in the Caribbean Island of Aruba from May 30-June 6. The team will consist largely of Division II players with most coming from the MIAA.
Two current Jennies, Alexis Koop and Courtni Smith, are on the squad as well as former Jens Jakki Prater, Ali Jo Rogers and Katie Shockley. The U.S. team will also feature players from MIAA teams Central Oklahoma, Emporia State and Southwest Baptist, and Division I Missouri State.
Anderson will be joined in the dugout by former Jennies graduate assistant coach Aron Potter.
While in Aruba, the team will play games against the Aruba national team. They will also get the opportunity to experience educational, cultural and social aspects of the island. Multiple tour stops include seeing the capital city of Oranjestad, snorkeling off the shores of De Palm Island, and visiting local historical ruins, according to a news release.
The trip is being organized by the USA Athletes International. The USAAI is a nonprofit organization dedicated to giving amateur athletes and coaches the opportunity to participate in international Olympic-style sporting events throughout the world.
Originally called the Midwest All-Stars, the organization provided overseas playing opportunities to baseball players and now supports a total of 15 different sports that compete in 25 different countries throughout the world.