UCM board considers indoor golf facility

By ALLYSON COOK
Reporter
(WARRENSBURG, Mo., digitalBURG) – The UCM Board of Governors is scheduled to vote Friday on awarding contracts to build an indoor golf training facility at Pertle Springs.
University management recommends the university hire Reasbeck Construction Inc., of Warrensburg, to build the facility for nearly $212,000. The total estimated cost for the project is $354,000 and is being funded by a private donor, according to university documents.
The board is scheduled to consider the project during its regular meeting at 8:30 a.m. Friday in Union 237B.
The facility will include four heated enclosed hitting bays along with 3,400 square feet of chipping and putting green.
Also part of the board’s motion is the approval of approximately $80,000 to Summit Flooring and Turf of Lee’s Summit to install artificial grass. Other expenses are soil boring testing, which would go to Kruger Technology Inc., of Overland Park, Kansas, for approximately $4,000; and a set of tee lines completed by UCM’s Facilities Planning and Operations staff for about $23,000, according to university documents.
An invitation of bid on the project was issued Aug. 15 and was sent to 61 prospective bidders. There was a mandatory prebid visit on Aug. 31 where three general contractors and two sub-contractors attended. Only one response was received.