UCM Spotlight hosts bingo, baseball event

By ANNEMARIE CARRIGAN
Reporter
(WARRENSBURG, Mo., digitalBURG) — Watch the Royals play while enjoying a game of Bingo at Spotlight’s Take Me Out to Bingo event Friday, Sept. 16, at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center. The Royals game starts at 7 p.m. and Bingo starts at 8 p.m.
Mules After Dark Coordinator Scout Miller said Take Me Out to Bingo is the alternative to watching the baseball game live.
“Normally we would take groups to go actually watch a Royals game, but we won’t be able to do that his year,” Miller said. “Everyone really just likes Bingo so we decided to incorporate the two together, kind of give people something to do while they’re playing Bingo.”
Miller said it will be cool to see all of the baseball and Royals fans on campus.
“I feel like since this bingo has a baseball theme, especially with the Royals, a lot more people are going to show up,” Miller said. “I’m also pretty excited to see how many people stay just to watch the game and aren’t even going to play Bingo and vice versa. It will just be interesting to see the dynamic because we haven’t really had a bingo that’s got two different parts to it.”
Miller said a previous MAD Coordinator created the theme, but she said it has been cool to do stuff with it.
“I really just like interacting with people and so planning events and watching people come to these events and have fun and meet new people and just kind of learn about campus as a whole while building the community – it just makes me really excited,” Miller said.
Annemarie Carrigan is a THRIVE intern reporting for the Muleskinner. THRIVE is a two-year program to help intellectually- or developmentally-challenged young adults build skills for transitioning from home to independence.