Making morning routines shorter

PHOTO BY ANDREA LOPEZ
PHOTO BY ANDREA LOPEZ

By SHELBY BILBRUCK
Columnist

It’s the end of the school year, and you’re probably trying to sleep in as late as you can before you’re forced to get up for class. There are some tricks you can do to save time in the morning so you can catch a few more z’s before starting your day.

PHOTO BY ANDREA LOPEZ
PHOTO BY ANDREA LOPEZ

The easiest way to save time is to shower at night. Unless you sweat a lot in your sleep, you’re still going to be clean when you wake up in the morning. Plus showering will help you distress before you go to sleep.

You can also finish up another time-consuming task while in the shower: shaving. Ladies, you’ll still be prickle-free in the morning, and men, you might have a 5 o’clock shadow forming unless you have light hair.

If you do want to shower in the morning, set an alarm to keep you on track of how long you’ve been in there. Set it for five minutes and you’ll automatically take a quicker shower to try to beat the timer.

Also, don’t take a steamy shower in the morning. Make it warm at most so you aren’t tempted to take your time.

Another way to save time is picking an easy hairstyle. Men, most of you have it made with short, easy-to-style hair, but for women it takes a bit more time.

Buns are a go-to for saving time in the morning. Whether you’re going casual or dressy for the day, there is a bun for you. You can keep it messy or make it tight and slick for a more business look.

You can also organize everything you’re going to need in the morning the night before so you aren’t searching for it.

Lay out your clothes, have your shoes by the front door, and put your keys, wallet and purse together so you won’t have to scramble for them.

You can even set out the hair and makeup products you’ll be using. Think about the clothing you just set out and what hair and makeup will work with it and set out what you’ll need for that as well.

If you’re still looking for ways to cut back on time or have more time for your beauty routine, don’t get on social media in the morning! You will most likely not miss out on life-changing information on Facebook and Twitter, and you can easily look at it later. You can check out who did what at a different time and add a few extra minutes to fix your makeup or hair.