Fall fashion report

Photo by 182032000485
PHOTO BY ANDREA LOPEZ

By SHELBY BILBRUCK
Columnist
(WARRENSBURG, Mo., digitalBURG) — Fall weather has finally set in which means students all across campus are running back indoors to add on more layers as soon as they step outside. I decided that because of this, I have no choice but to write up a fall fashion report to let you know what to wear when the weather’s no longer warm.

PHOTO BY ANDREA LOPEZ
PHOTO BY ANDREA LOPEZ

A lot of this season’s styles, colors and silhouettes have a ‘70s vibe to them. Designers looked back to the disco decade and modernized what they saw to bring you interesting styles for the fall.
This means when you go outside and realize shorts aren’t the best choice, run back inside and throw on some flare jeans instead of skinnies. Also, look for boho silhouettes that have a ‘70s feel to them.
Turtlenecks are making their way back into the fashion scene this fall, but they come as helpers over stand alone pieces. Wear them under your summer dresses to ease into cooler weather and keep you warm.
If you’re looking for another stylish way to stay warm instead of turtlenecks, try chunky knit sweaters. These will keep you toasty all day, but make sure to balance out the extra bulk up top with slimmer silhouettes on the bottom.
Sometimes fall weather feels more like end of summer weather, whereas other times it can feel like you stepped straight into winter. If the latter happens, grab a puffer coat to keep away the cold!
This season, puffer coats are coming in bold colors and interesting cuts, giving them a new, more modern twist than in the past.
Let’s talk about this fall’s colors now. Neons are making a comeback in a sophisticated way this season. Use a piece with a pop of neon and pair it with other pieces that are navy, black, gray or other neutral colors.
Speaking of neutral colors, you’ll find a lot of them amongst this fall’s clothing line. Dress in browns, like maroon and copper, head-to-toe black or cream over your typical stark white.
It’s finally becoming apparent that summer weather has passed, but that doesn’t mean it’s time to give up on your wardrobe and throw on whatever comfy sweats you find. Use these tips to keep both warm and stylish this fall!