A fashion column: fall footwear for you

PHOTO BY ANDREA LOPEZ / FEATURES EDITOR

By SHELBY BILBRUCK
Columnist
(WARRENSBURG, Mo., digitalBURG) — As fall approaches, summer shoes make their way to the back of your closet along with your shorts and tank tops. When browsing for fall footwear to replace them, here are a few types of shoe styles to keep your eyes peeled for.

PHOTO BY ANDREA LOPEZ / FEATURES EDITOR
PHOTO BY ANDREA LOPEZ / FEATURES EDITOR

It’s all about looking for boots and other shoes that feature visible patchwork. These can be shoes with different types of textures sewn on or colors in crazy designs.
This next one may seem a bit silly, but keep on the lookout for fur shoes. Fur shoes were aplenty on the runway in fall 2015, so search for them on your favorite websites and don’t be scared to take this crazy trend on a test run.
When it comes to colors, look for ones that contrast each other. Dark hues make brighter ones pop against it, and colors like blue and orange paired together make for an interesting combination.
If you want to try a color that isn’t an autumn usual, try white. You’ll stick out amidst the wave of dark oranges, yellows and browns on your way to class. And better yet, you can stick with white shades during the winter too. Yes ladies and gentlemen, that means this season you can wear white after Labor Day.
Also, look for pops of metal and metallic. If you’re searching for boots, cozy flats or anything in between, be on the lookout for bits of shine on your shoes.
Now to the style of boot that should be high up on your purchase list this season: over-the-knee and thigh highs. This fall, whether they’re flat or heeled, it’s the higher the better when it comes to boots.
Another style to watch out for is men’s inspired footwear. Take a cue from the coolest men’s shoes and try pairing this style with cuffed jeans for the ultimate chic look.
On the other hand, look for ladylike shoes that are sure to show up in stores everywhere. Ankle straps and embellished heels are two of the features to look for on your shoes this fall.
From shoe colors to styles, this season is going to be chock full of fancy footwear perfect for your fall wardrobe.
Shelby Bilbruck can be reached at 660-543-4050 or on Twitter @ShelbyLuGal