Jennies soccer claims 3-0 shutout win at East Central Sunday

(ADA, Okla.) — Jennies soccer netted goals from three different players and rolled to a 3-0 shutout win over East Central University Sunday afternoon.
The Jennies (9-1-2) scored first just 11 minutes into the match when Cindy Lackey placed Kayla Shain‘s corner kick into the back of the net, giving the Jennies the 1-0 lead. It marked Lackey’s first goal of the season and Shain’s third assist, tying her for the team-high.
Shain netted the Jennies’ second goal of the match in the 56th minute on a pass from Becky Lackey on the left side of the box, making it 2-0 in favor of Central Missouri. This was Shain’s third goal of 2012 and Lackey’s second assist of the season.
Erin Robinson provided an insurance goal in the 77th minute when she slotted a cross pass on the right from Claire Richards into the goal, putting the Jennies in front 3-0. The goal was Robinson’s first of the season and the assist from Richards was her first of her collegiate career.
The Jennies controlled the match, outshooting the Lady Tigers 19-2, including a 12-1 advantage in shots-on-goal. Jennies goalkeeper Jessica Grindstaff played all 90-minutes in-goal, facing only one shot from East Central and making the save. With the win, Grindstaff picked up her team-high fourth shutout and improved her overall record to 6-1-2.
The Jennies return to action Thursday night when they host an MIAA match against Central Oklahoma at the South Recreation Complex. First kick is set for 7 p.m.
[email_link]