Jennies hold tight at no. 3 ranking in Central Region

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – Not much shakeup at the top of the NCAA Central Region where the Jennies remain third. The top four all remained the same with Augustana (S.D.) and Arkansas Tech holding the top-two spots and Central Oklahoma at No. 4.
The Jennies have gone 5-1 since the first regional rankings came out last week. Tuesday afternoon, UCM swept MIAA foe Missouri Southern to improve to 35-13 and 17-5 in the MIAA. Both win totals are the most for UCM since the 2009 season.
Emporia State had the biggest fall in the rankings going from fifth to seventh while Henderson State moved up two spots from eighth to six. Pittsburg State was the only team to fall out of the rankings after opening at No. 9. East Central made their first appearance coming in at 10th.
UCM completes their regular season at home this weekend with a doubleheader Thursday, April 23 at 4 p.m. against Lincoln. The Jennies will be hosting their annual Pink Out that day, wearing pink uniforms and selling pink t-shirts with proceeds going to the Johnson County Cancer Foundation.
Saturday, the Jennies will host senior day in their regular season finale against Lindenwood starting a 1 p.m. Senior day recognition will take place between games of the doubleheader.
NCAA Central Region Top-10
1 .Augustana
2. Arkansas Tech
3. Central Missouri
4. Central Oklahoma
5. Missouri Western
6. Henderson State
7. Emporia State
8. Winona State
9. Minnesota State-Mankato
10. East Central