Piccadilly Gala set for Friday

By ROB CURRY
(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — Warrensburg Main Street will welcome local ladies as they raise their bidding paddles for jewelry, gifts, tickets and more Friday.
Lotspeich Automotive will host the sold-out Piccadilly Gala Friday at 150 NW U.S 50. Doors open at 5 p.m. and the auction starts at 7. Brown’s Shoe Fit Co. will also be offering in-store specials during the event.
The gala, themed “Boots, Class, and a Little Sass,” is the main fundraiser for Warrensburg Main Street, a local organization that focuses on downtown revitalization. Under the direction of Executive Director Julie Turnipseed and Jill Purvis, event coordinator, Main Street organizes local events, including Downtown Cleanup, the Summer Concert Series and the Dickens Christmas.
Turnipseed said the fundraising goal for this year is $30,000.
“This is sustainable fundraising for the organization so we can continue to do what we do for downtown,” she said.
Items for the auction were collected with women in mind.
“[Piccadilly Gala] is a great opportunity for the women of our community to come out, have fun and support a good cause,” Purvis said.
Building relationships throughout the community has helped Main Street gain a healthy sponsorship from local business for the event.
This year’s sponsors include: Awesome Blossoms, Bill & Gina Carlye, Curley Diamonds, Lotspeich Automotive, LA Nails, Timeless Reflections, Country Kitchen, Fitter’s Restaurant, Gelbach Manor, Heroes Restaurant, Bailey & Watkins, Dennis Hamlin, First Central Bank and UMB Bank.
Items up for auction include: recliner rockers, two area rugs, a Coach purse, diamond jewelry, pearls, Tiffany sunglasses, UCM gear, airline tickets, concert tickets, Disneyland tickets and gift baskets from local businesses.