Softball finishes season opening tournament with two wins

(BENTONVILLE, Ark.) – The Central Missouri softball team swept their two games Saturday over Illinois Springfield and William Jewell, evening their record to 2-2.
Against Illinois Springfield, senior Katie Shockley picked up her first win of the season. She struck out a career-high 12 batters in the 6-3 win.
The Jennies needed extra innings for the second straight day, but earned a 4-3 win over William Jewell in eight innings. Senior Jakki Prater collected her first win of 2015 and struck out ten Cardinals. Trailing 3-1 heading into the seventh inning, Carlie Rose doubled to even up the game 3-3 and Allie Dishinger hit the game-winning home run in the eighth. Both Rose and Dishinger picked up a pair of hits in the win.
More information including full statistics and box scores to come when the information is available.
UCM will take to the field next Feb. 19 and 20 at the Kelly Laas Memorial Tournament in St. Cloud, Minn. The indoor dome tournament will be played on the campus of St. Cloud University. The Jennies will play a tripleheader Thursday, Feb. 19 against Minnesota-Mankato (10 a.m.), St. Cloud St. (12:30 p.m.) and Concordia-St. Paul (9 p.m.). They’ll then play two Friday, February 20 aganst Augustana (S.D.) (5 p.m.) and Wayne St. (Neb.) (7 p.m.).