Mules Baseball to open season at Minute Maid Park in Houston

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — For the third straight season, the nationally ranked Central Missouri Mules baseball team will open the season at the Houston Winter Invitational at Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas. This year, the 22nd-ranked Mules are one of six division II teams taking part in the Houston Winter Invitational hosted by the Houston Astros and owner, UCM and MIAA Athletic Hall of Famer, Jim Crane.
The Mules will play four games in Houston beginning on Thursday, Feb. 5 and playing through Sunday, Feb. 8. UCM will open the event and the season against Henderson State at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 5. The Mules will play Friday night, Feb. 6 at 6 p.m. against Winona State, Saturday, Feb. 7 at 2 p.m. against No. 17 Arkansas Tech and Sunday, Feb. 8 at 10 a.m. against St. Mary’s (Texas).
Tickets to the games are $15 per adult and $8 for students (with valid ID) and $5 for youth (ages 4-14) for an all-day ticket (one ticket for all three games in a day). Children three and under are free with a ticketed adult. Parking will be $3 per vehicle.
Prior to the Mules’ 6 p.m. game against Winona State on Friday, Feb. 6 there will be a UCM Alumni & Friends Reception in the Insperity Club located inside Minute Maid Park on the main concourse behind home plate. The event will take place from 4-6 p.m. and is free of charge once inside the stadium. Fans may RSVP for the event by Jan. 30 by calling 660-543-8000 or online at www.ucmo.edu/houston.
Each of the Mules’ four games can be heard live on the UCM Sports Radio Network and www.warrensburgradio.com. Bob Jackson will call the action with airtime on the Central Missouri Sports Network slated for 25 minutes prior to first pitch for each game.