Mules baseball hires new assistant coach

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — Central Missouri head baseball coach Kyle Crookes has announced the hiring of Damian Stambersky as the new assistant coach for Mules Baseball.

Stambersky comes to UCM after spending the previous 11 seasons at Kansas City Kansas Community College.

Stambersky was an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator for the past 11 seasons for the Blue Devils, while also serving as an adjunct instructor in the social sciences department from August 2007 through this past year.

“Damian brings a wealth of experience and a profound knowledge of the game,” Crookes said. “He is an excellent coach and we are excited for what he will bring to the Central Missouri program.”

Before KCKCC, Stambersky spent four seasons as an assistant coach at his alma mater, the University of Arkansas-Little Rock, helping them to a school record 33 wins in 2000. The Trojans compiled 108 wins during his four years with the program. He also spent one season as the head coach of the Kenai Peninsula Oilers in the Alaska Summer Baseball League.

“I am very excited to join the UCM family,” Stambersky said. “It is a great opportunity to join a program with such a rich tradition and I can’t wait to get started.”

Stambersky started his college career at KCKCC. A designated hitter his freshman year, he caught all but 14 innings as a sophomore and earned First Team All-Jayhawk Conference honors. He then moved on to the University of Arkansas-Little Rock, where he was a two-year starter and a team captain behind the plate. He earned honorable mention All-Sun Belt Conference honors as a senior.

He earned his bachelor’s degree in business administration and entrepreneurship from UALR in 2000 and a master’s degree in exercise science from California University at Pennsylvania in 2007.