Mules golf finishes tied for fourth at NCAA Championships, qualifies for match play

(ALLENDALE, Mich.) — The seventh-ranked Mules Golf team shot a final round 296 and finished at 38-over par and tied for fourth at the NCAA Championships at The Meadows Golf Club on Wednesday.

UCM qualifies for the match play medal portion of the championships as the No. 4 seed and will face Malone in the quarterfinals on Thursday.

Cy Moritz led the Mules in the third round with a one-under par 70 to finish at nine-over par and tied for 19th place. Teddy Jones finished tied for 25th at 10-over par, while Alex Springer (+12), Travis Mays (+13), Robby Hughey (+17) finished in ties for 38th, 45th and 71st, respectively.

Playing as an individual and not with a team, Tim Crouch of Florida Southern captured the individual national title with an even par 213.
Nova Southeastern finished first in the team stroke play standings at 11-over par and will be the No. 1 seed in Thursday’s match play quarterfinals.
The quarterfinal round begins at 6:35 p.m. Winners of those first four matches will square off in the semifinals later in the day on Thursday.