UCM student named missouri student employee of the year

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.,) – A University of Central Missouri senior marketing major from Kansas City, Mo., was recognized as the Missouri Student Employee of the Year by the Midwest Student Employment Association during a reception April 16 in the UCM Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
Kaytlynn Clemons also was recognized as the UCM Student Employee of the Year in conjunction with National
Student Employment Week. Mary Kalledes, financial aid counselor in the Office of Student Financial Assistance and a member of the UCM Student Employee of the Year selection committee, presented Clemons with the awards.
During her past two years as a student at UCM, Clemons has served as the marketing coordinator for the Office of Student Experience and Engagement under the direction of Vice Provost Shari Bax. She has been charged with creating marketing plans for a variety of student-oriented programs on the UCM campus, including the American Democracy Project, the Office of Sustainability, the Campus One Book program, and the Student Responsibility Campaign.
As the first person to hold the newly created position, Clemons has implemented planning for a variety of events and developed social media plans for programs sponsored by the Office of Student Experience and Engagement, created and updated websites, created a monthly newsletter and attended meetings as needed.
“She brings to her job an academic understanding of marketing together with a heart of service, a friendly, professional demeanor and leadership skills,” Bax said. “She has developed partnership with groups across campus, explored best practices from other universities and helped us identify new ways to engage students and positively contribute to their experience.”
Clemons is the daughter of Michael and Leasa Clemons of Kansas City and a graduate of Raytown High School.