No injuries after shots fired in Warrensburg

By Andy Lyons (WARRENSBURG, Mo., digitalBURG) – Police responded to reports of a shooting Monday night in the 400 block of Jefferson Street.

(Photo by Andy Lyons, digitalBURG) Warrensburg Police responded to a shooting call Monday night near the corner of Cleburn and Jefferson streets.

People who lived in the surrounding area confirmed there were shots fired.
“I was cooking dinner when I heard a pop-pop-pop,” said Jenifer Western, a social work major at the University of Central Missouri, who lives in the apartments at 411 Jefferson St.  “I looked at my boyfriend and said, ‘Those were gunshots!’”
Her roommate also heard the shots and looked outside to see a white car driving away.
A UCM Alert sent via text message and e-mail to UCM students and faculty shortly after 9 p.m. also reported shots were fired into the air and a white Dodge Neon was seen leaving the scene. No one was injured and no arrests or suspects were reported, according to the alert.
The shots were fired in front of a residence two houses from the apartments, Western said.  After speaking with police investigating at the scene, Western said she thought the suspect was a resident of Cleburn Street who lived nearby.
Police ask that anyone with more information should call the Police Department at 660-747-9133.
[email_link]