City Council public comment period scheduled for Maguire Street Corridor Study

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.)–A public comment period is scheduled for the City Council meeting on Aug. 13, at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers of the Municipal Center at 200 S. Holden St.  Attendees will be able to provide comments to the City Council about the project.
The Maguire Street Corridor Study draft plan was presented to the Planning and Zoning Commission at its meeting on Aug. 6.  The Corridor Study includes a corridor cision centered around the six frameworks of general framework, economic development, development, infrastructure, urban design and sustainability.
The plan also makes specific recommendations for improvements to Maguire Street in three sections: North Maguire, Core Maguire, and South Maguire.  The recommendations include both a 60 ft. right-of-way and a 66 ft. right-of-way street section.  Finally, the document provides an implementation strategy for specific corridor initiatives in the short, medium and long term.
After receiving public comment and a lengthy discussion by its members, the Planning and Zoning Commission voted to recommend approval of the plan with the condition the recommendations all stay within the existing right-of-way.
At the City Council meeting on Aug. 13, there will be a brief presentation by the consultants and then the Council will take public comment on the plan.  At the meeting, the Council will have an opportunity to discuss the plan and either request changes or accept the plan in concept.  After receiving the Council direction, staff will prepare an ordinance for adoption and bring the final document back to the Council at a future meeting.
A copy of the draft plan is available for review in the Community Development Department on the first floor of City Hall at 102 S. Holden St.  The plan is consistent with the information presented at the open house on July 25.  That information is available on the City’s website at http://www.warrensburg-mo.com/Community_Development/CD_MaguireStreetPage.html
For more information, contact Barbara Carroll, director of community development, at 660-747-9135.