Jennies extend win streak to three with win over Central Oklahoma

(EDMOND, Okla.) — Four Jennies reached double-figures in scoring, helping UCM roll to a 94-76 victory over the Central Oklahoma at the Hamilton Field House on Thursday.
With the victory, UCM (8-1, 2-0 MIAA) improved to 3-1 on the road this season. The Jennies held the lead for all but 59 seconds when Central Oklahoma (6-4, 1-2 MIAA) led 2-1 in the early stages of the game. Revonnia HowardKeuna Flax and BreAnna Lewis helped facilitate a 16-5 run by UCM , combining for 14 points over a 5:22 span.
Four three-pointers from Quinnecia Twine (2), Justina Prairie Chief (1) and Shelby Winkelmann (1) pushed the Jennies’ lead to 21 with 10:34 left in the opening half. The Jennies held a commanding 53-23 lead at halftime as Central Missouri hit 8-of-18 shots from three-point range, including 3-of-6 from Lewis who set a new season-high with 22 points. UCM took advantage of 11 Bronchos turnovers, converting the miscues into 19 first-half points.
UCM opened the second half on an 8-0 run, including four from Lewis. Central Oklahoma cut the deficit to 30 at 64-34 with 15:54 remaining on the clock, but the Jennies were able to sustain their lead for the remainder of the contest, with the lead dipping below 20 just once at 94-75 with 26 seconds left.
The win gives the Jennies their second-consecutive 8-1 start and third under head coach Dave Slifer (2004-05). UCM remains undefeated against the Lady Bronchos, running their record to 5-0.
Flax finished with 20, giving her double-digit points in all nine games this season. Winkelmann and Howard added 11 and 10 points, respectively.
The Jennies will travel to Tahlequah, Okla., on Saturday to play Northeastern State at 1:30 p.m.