Jennies basketball top William Jewell, 85-68

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — Central Missouri Jennies basketball came out strong in their second home game of the season against William Jewell, to win 85-68 Wednesday evening at the UCM Multipurpose Building.
The Jennies (2-0) quickly took a 11-4 lead four minutes into the game, with a three-pointer by Brielle Wattley and a pair of field goals by Revonnia Howard.
Halfway through the first half the Jennies had maintained their lead at 21-13, followed by three layups in a row by Quinnecia Twine, to make the score 29-13 with 8:12 to go in the half. Keuna Flax had a two layups in a row shortly after to stretch the Jennies lead to 16 points and UCM would lead 50-33 at halftime.
William Jewell scored the first point in the second half, but the Jennies scored nine of the next 11 points to open a 59-36 lead with 17:39 left in the game. A quick 6-0 run by the Cardinals cut the lead to 17 but an 8-3 run by UCM pushed the lead back to 22 at 67-45.
Neither team scored for the next four minutes, until BreAnna Lewis hit a jumper to extend the lead to 24. The lead hovered in the low twenties before William Jewell closed the game on a 13-5 run, but it was too little too late as the Jennies rolled to the 17 point win.
The Jennies were led by Flaw’s 23 points. Howard and Shelby Winkelmann had 12 points apiece, and Wattley chipped in 10.
The Jennies shot 51 percent from the field, going 38 of 74. UCM out-rebounded the Cardinals 45-31 and held a 60-38 advantage in points in the paint.
Aerial Smith and Chelsea Meeks led William Jewel with 14 points each. The Cardinals shot 38 percent from the field, 23 of 61. They were 0 for 15 from beyond the arch.
The Jennies are back in action Friday afternoon at 1 p.m. when they play Florida Tech in Winter Park, Fla. The game can be heard live on 1450 KOKO, 98.5 The Bar, and warrensburgradio.com. The Jennies will play two games in Florida at the Rollins Tip-Off Classic.
Box Score