Jennies soccer drops Northwest Missouri, 5-0

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — The No. 14 ranked Jennies soccer team sent the 2013 senior class out with a 5-0 victory over Northwest Missouri, assuring themselves of at least a share of the MIAA conference championship on Saturday night at the South Recreation Complex.

With at least a share of the title, it marks the fourth consecutive conference championship the Jennies soccer program (12-2-2, 8-1-1 MIAA) has claimed and the sixth in the past seven seasons.
Senior Samantha Wilkes scored her second goal of the season in the fifth minute when she shot a pass from Carly Stanley from point-blank range in front of the Bearcats net. The assist was Stanley’s eighth of the season and 25th of her career, placing her in a first-place tie for most assists in a career by a Jennies player.
In the 47th minute, senior Becky Lackey scored the first of her two goals on the night on a shot from the left side of the box, giving the Jennies a 2-0 lead.
Lackey’s second goal came nearly 12 minutes later in the 58th minute when she beat the goalkeeper on a shot from the left side of the box on a cross from Stanley, the 26th assist of her career at UCM, making her the Jennies’ all time assists leader.
Central Missouri increased the advantage to 4-0 when Claire Richards found Bailey Hensley in the 72nd minute on a cross in front of the net for the score.
The Jennies’ final score came in minute 87 when Alysa Guzman facilitated a breakaway to find Hensely for the goal, cementing the 5-0 victory.
Senior goalkeeper Jessica Grindstaff recorded the win to improve to 6-1-0 on the season.
Central Missouri will visit Northwest Missouri on Friday, November 1 for a 3 p.m. first kick.