Jens volleyball finish weekend with another MIAA win

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — The Central Missouri Jennies (11-0, 3-0 MIAA) win their first MIAA road game of the season in four sets, 25-18 27-25 25-16 25-18. Lindenwood, 3-9, 0-2 MIAA, is only the second team to force four sets against the Jennies this season, according to a press release.
Lindenwood led the Jennies in the first set, until the Jennies won ten of twelve points to take the lead at 14-10. The Jennies allowed only one more point from Lindenwood before pulling in four more points. The seven point gap was too large for the Lions to close, the Jennies earned their final six points one at a time, before a serving error by Lindenwood finished the game. Becca Blaise, Carly Sojka, and Taylor Goodness all finished the first set with four kills each.
In the second set, Lindenwood took the lead early. Central Missouri came within three points of catching the Lions at 17-20, with three kills from Haley Thompson, and one from Blaise and Goodness respectively. Lindenwood allowed Central Missouri to the lead for one point at 23-24 after registering three attack errors in a row. Lindenwood won four of the last five points of the set, to win the set at 25-27.
Central Missouri was came out strong in third set, winning the first four points in a row. The set was close until 14-19, when Central Missori won four points in a row to make the score 22-14, with a kill from Maddie Jones, Sojka, and Julia Bates. Central Missouri won the 24th point of the game with a kill from Taylor Goodness before an attack error from Lindenwood finished the set.
The final set of the match was similar to the previous set, with Central Missouri winning three points in a row to start. Lindenwood was able to keep it close until Central Missouri was four of five points to take a five point lead at 14-9. The Jennies won five of the last seven points of the set, Bates finishing of the Lions with a kill.
The Jennies will play two matches next week versus Truman on Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kirksville, before heading back to Warrensburg for another MIAA match versus Missouri Western on Friday at 7 p.m.